Koskikeskus, 3rd Floor
Hatanpään valtatie 1
Telephone 03 3126 0300
PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY
The aim of pelvic floor physiotherapy is to treat and prevent problems in the functioning of the pelvic floor muscles, both in men and women. Our pelvic floor muscle therapy services use versatile equipment and state-of-the-art computer programs.
WHO IS PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY SUITABLE FOR?
Those who have
- An overactive bladder
- Difficulty emptying their bladder
- Weakened pelvic floor muscles
- Hypertonia and pain conditions
- Numbness and sensation problems
- Constipation, urinary and faecal
Pelvic floor physiotherapy can be beneficial in preventing e.g. damage suffered in the childbirth process, prolapse, aging-related changes, and back pain.
CONTENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Exercises are planned on an individual basis, after physiotherapeutic examination
- Stimulation exercises using e.g. electrotherapy and biofeedback (EMG)
- Therapeutic exercises to restore functioning
- Guidance, counselling and home exercise instructions
- We also rent out home care devices
RESULTS OF REHABILITATION
Achieving good results requires long-term efforts – often at least three months, including home exercises. Choose a time to start therapy that is not too busy, and is suitable for your current life situation. We require a doctor’s examination to be performed before the start of physiotherapy.
HOW DO I ACCESS REHABILITATION SERVICES?
You can seek out physiotherapy on your own, or you can bring a doctor’s referral, in which case you will receive a direct KELA reimbursement for the treatment.